Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives? Can't be bad ground on both. Anyone else have this issue? Its not quite as bright as the image makes it to be. But still noticeable. Have not had a chance to hit it with a meter yet either. Even after the vehicle is off, its like this. Eventually it goes off though. Maybe 30min later.

Attachments

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Battery Saver Relay is where the power to the Central Timer Module comes from.

The relay may be bad, the diode inside specifically.

Otherwise, adding a diode to the circuit for the dome light/s should be in order.
IMO, it's one of the largest reasons people should not be altering circuits designed for higher currents with low current lamps. Changes need to be made so things are still safe. And with all the garbage on ebay and such, it's hard for the average consumer to know what products are designed correct and what isn't.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
pull all of them you put in and start over...one by one. make sure each works before putting in the next and make sure the polarity is correct (it will either not work or be dim, most of the time won't work if +/- are backward). if one is in incorrect it will cause all to dim.
As was said, you really have to watch who you buy from, especially on ebay.
I did leds in my tahoe and the thing is like daylight when its dark out. almost too bright...lol
the ones I did in the stang are green and not much better than stock bulbs for light

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If the problem is the light staying on dim whenever the car is on, that's pretty common for adding an LED there.

Always just enough power/ground to make it light up dim with the low resistance type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts