Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before everyone flames me... This is not for a Focus; it is not even for my car.
Let me fill you in: He has a ‘94(?) Infiniti J30. He wants to lower it and they DON"T make lowering springs for it (ay least we can't find them). He doesn't want the expense or hassle of airbags. He knows that ride quality will decrease, but people have been doing this for years... Heck they did it on Overhauln the other day to an old Ford falcon.
So… I need some tips on cutting springs. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cutting the springs with a band saw would be the best way or Melt the coils with a blow torch.Dont be a scab and cut your coils this is dangerous, totaly ghetto, and you wont gain nothing but a lowerd peice of crap. The handling and everything will be gone

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
My brother has a q45 (?) Infiniti.......anyway........there is no wheels gap in the first place, and he has 18"s.......like you said they don't make lowering springs for it, but nor do they sell lowering shocks, its going to ride really bad without tighter/short shocks....have him save up for rims, and then he will be happy.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
This has been asked within the past couple weeks, try searching. [thumb]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts