Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pics of me cutting down my shifter, before and after. Tell me what ya think.

Thanks
Brandon

BEFORE:

After

I cut off 2 1/2"

·
Registered
261 Posts
it looked pretty short already! I thought that was the picture with it already cut.I find shifters that are too short to be uncomfortable. But its a matter of preference. Looks good anyways.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks really good! congrats

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I wasnt sure If I was going to get flamed or not.

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
i did this. it works well. but i have a real STS i'm going to install.... when i'm not so lazy

looks good!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Cut down shifters do not help you 'short-throw' like a real STS will. Why bother? Sorry bro, I just don't see the point. Nice shift knob though. You should meet up with some of us for Superfly Sundays car show in Akron.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I know it doesent really change the throw of the shifter but I think it looks alot better. Its still fells like the same throw. But it takes more Umph to get it to the next gear because I have less leverage now. I would like to join you guys sometime. I may do that. Also i would like to get a cluster with a tach in it but I want one that is close to my mileage. I was offered one for 30 but the mileage was WAY off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts