Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Let me know what you think!! Will post pics of them on my focus tomorrow!

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Looks great, defintely gotta get some better pictures.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^^ There called rims and tires. You put them on your car so it doesn't drag on the ground. [joke]

Those are going to look great on your car. Can't wait to see your pictures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are those?
Custom made Forgeline Racing rims. They were made for that cougar but look amazing on my focus. I have pics but I don't know how to upload via phone internet so I get out at 230. Will post em then. Unless I figure it out at lunch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't had the chance to really test but, do you guys thinl ill lose anything at the track with the bigger rim? Going from those stock 15" rims...I got a friend with his little honda went from 14s to 17s and it was llike night andday. Almost like starting in 2bd gear with the 17s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More later

Have to find some center caps still and figure out how to roll the fenders. She rubs when I hit a large dip.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I haven't had the chance to really test but, do you guys thinl ill lose anything at the track with the bigger rim? Going from those stock 15" rims...I got a friend with his little honda went from 14s to 17s and it was llike night andday. Almost like starting in 2bd gear with the 17s.
It depends on the overall weight of the wheel tire combo compared to what you already had on there. Greater rotational mass = slower times. Those little Hondas weren't made for 17s and they're torqueless wonders to begin with.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Technically its called a wheel, not a rim. A rim is the otter edge.
I've never heard that before. I've always used rim for the metal, alloy or whatever they can be made of, tire for the rubber part, and wheel in reference to the combination.

By the way, those wheels look great on your car. Nice buy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! They definately don't look ricer. They look more american muscle and I love it. My car is the dirtiest itsbeen in forever! Definately need to start cleaning it again.

Still need to figure out how to roll the fenders front and back. The honda kids were tellng me about some wooden baseball bat trick. Not doing it. Apparently they stuff it between the tire and the fender
Four people sit on the hood and they drive it forward and back. Apparently it works for them. Lol idk. Sounds terrible.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
Just rent a fender roller and do it right. Or better yet, do like me and buy one [thumb]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts