Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Long time lurker but finally decided to join up and post what I've been working on. This is my 2013 Focus SE Sport Package with a custom turbo, which for now I'm referring to as the "Sleeper Build" until some aftermarket cosmetic part inevitably catches my eye:

The intake piping was fabricated by another Focus owner for their Titanium, but they never got around to installing it and sold it when they decided to sell their car. For all intents and purposes the piping is almost identical in spec to that of a Focus-Power kit, albeit with some fitment issues that I'm sure you wouldn't find on the retail kit. The turbo itself is a Comp journal bearing, which I suspect is a 50-60mm inducer although Comp hasn't given me any information based off the serial.

Mechanically, I have to give a huge shoutout to Tom for the Mk3-specific knowledge he provided despite this not being a focus-power installation (btw Tom I haven't forgotten about that air filter piping I'm just putting out the previous fire in my wallet).

Other mods, primarily related to the turbo:
1. PCV "delete," currently vented to catch can/atmosphere, might switch to an exhaust draft
2. 11-14 Mustang MAF sensor. This helped fix what I think was turbulence on the blow-through setup
3. NGK 6510 plugs gapped at .022
4. Bosch ignition coils, the old ones were showing their age
5. A pillar triple mount with boost, oil pressure, and the Ngauge tuner

Tuning was done with the HPTuners Ngauge which fits nicely into the A pillar mount. It's using a custom firmware which provides more PIDs than it used to. Dave at RDC has been tuning it up to this point.

A few weeks ago I let a Subaru-focused shop do some dyno pulls and make some minor adjustments to the existing tune on 93 pump and 10 psi. They pulled ~210, which although nice, wasn't exactly what I was looking for considering a FBO NA Mk3 can come pretty dang close to that. Going to continue refining the tune but I want to give her the best mechanical advantage I can.

I think it's definitely got more in it, but this project is starting to financially run me a bit dry. I'd like to hit at least 250whp but near 300 was more my expectation. So it's starting to become a question of where I can get my money's worth, and I'd mainly like to know if anyone has first hand experience with these. Here's my current potential list:

1. 3" exhaust. Long time overdue for sure. Not sure how much power I'm losing with the stock exhaust, any guesses?
2. Clutch. Stock clutch seems okay for now but it probably going to hit its limit if I keep going. Would love to hear others' experience on this.
3. Port injectors? I'd like to get my flex fuel functionality back, not sure if the stock fuel system is up for 300whp on E85
4. ST in-tank pump. I heard this was a big deal for high rpms running lean
5. Suspension and brake upgrades.

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to mod my 2.0 for daily driving. In the summer. Is it easy to make power on this engine?
My advice would be to avoid modifying your car if it's a daily. My car has been out of commission for months. With FBO you can make around 195whp while keeping things NA and relatively simple.

With that warning out of the way, @1turbofocus is your guy for boosted applications on the N/A 2.0. I believe the stock internals are good for around 350whp max, at which point you'll need to go with a built engine. There are a number of options at that point.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
323 whp is the most we have done so far with the stock Engine , One making 300 whp has been running for over a year now stock engine

Tom

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SE Manual Hatchback
1 Posts
323 whp is the most we have done so far with the stock Engine , One making 300 whp has been running for over a year now stock engine

Tom
@1turbofocus Any info on that stock engine as far as the mods? Is that stock build on here? I'm interested in pushing my stock NA 2.0, Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts