Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been running a base tune from Tom for the last few months with nice results along with a CAI and a Magnaflow Catback system on my 2014 5sp.

The base tune seem to take care of a small 1st gear stumble the car had on take off, along with a seat of the pants seemed to pull better to in 2nd and 3rd gear. The base tune was installed after the other 2 mods.

We did some logging last Friday (after me first not attaching the file, than sending the wrong one)[bash].
So when I get home from work I will get him the right one to get it going.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sounds good. Hopefully you get everything setup just the way you want it. I'm looking forward to putting the ST exhaust and steeda intake on in the spring.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tom is a good guy. He helped me and he tuned my car to my taste. Almost perfect*. I just can't wait for SCT to come up with something for the damned rev hang while shifting gear.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I e-mailed them yesterday, they act like they don't know what I mean. Here is the email.

Me: Comments / Question: I want my tuner to have the hability to tune out the damned rev hang between shift on my Focus 2014. It is anoying. COBB fixed the problem long time ago on the ST, what are you guys waiting for????

SCT (Jose Vergne)
Kent,

Do you have a 14 Focus ST? What device are you using with the vehicle? Have you modified the vehicle? If you did modify the vehicle what have you done? Is your device up to date on firmware and tune revision? Are you running a preload tune or a custom tune? Does it rev hang between every shift? Do it do it on all the tunes?

Me:
It is a 2014 Focus SE. I'm using SCTX3. I'm running a custom tune by Tom @ Focus-Power. It was rev hanging between all shift on stock tune, and it is still rev hanging between all shifts on my 91 octane performance tune. Back when I had my 13 ST COBB fixed the rev hanging between shift. But COBB don't tune the SE. I asked my tuner about this ([email protected] Focus Power), and he told me that I needed to contact you about this, that you need to sent him the template.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I would love for them to be able to tune this out. that is my only problem with the DCT. i have not had any of the issues others complain about with the dct but from everything i've read DCT's are supposed to shit instantly. I was of the impression that was the whole point of dual clutches. i hate that it has "rev hang" between shifts. makes me wonder what the point of putting a DCT in these cars was for.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jburks, if you notice he has a 5sped, not a DCT. Rev hang is when you push the clutch in and the engines RPM's don't drop instantly. All newer cars are programmed this way and from what I remember its something to do with EPA reducing emissions.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
All newer cars are programmed this way and from what I remember its something to do with EPA reducing emissions.
More like for easier shifting ... so a granny could shift easily without grabbing the flywheel at idle between each shift[;)]

my explanation is not clear and i'm aware of it hahaha need more sleep!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Jburks, if you notice he has a 5sped, not a DCT. Rev hang is when you push the clutch in and the engines RPM's don't drop instantly. All newer cars are programmed this way and from what I remember its something to do with EPA reducing emissions.
Exactly. 5 speed here, they need to sort this out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
More like for easier shifting ... so a granny could shift easily without grabbing the flywheel at idle between each shift[;)]

The ECM already controls enough on my car. I would like to control my shift ALL BY MYSELF please Ford.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
o, okay. yeah i didnt catch that. [facepalm]would still be cool if they could make hte DCT shift a little faster though.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
If you dont have it I have found more things to speed up the shifts a good bit , shoot me an email

Tom
with out the tune or with the tune? i dont have your tune yet but i will eventually once the funds become available.

·
Registered
167 Posts

I think it's more becasue of emissions. I know a tune can fix it but it sounds like SCT doesn't offer this right now for the mk3. Hell I don't think it even fixed it on my 03 stang and I had a SCT tuner but it made a hude difference over the stock tune.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I think it's more becasue of emissions. I know a tune can fix it but it sounds like SCT doesn't offer this right now for the mk3. Hell I don't think it even fixed it on my 03 stang and I had a SCT tuner but it made a hude difference over the stock tune.
Your are right...

Interesting explanation here --- > http://www.revhang.altervista.org/

Virtually all drive-by-wire cars are affected...

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The hanging between shifts can be corrected with drive by wire SCT just has to give me the ability to adjust it , it worked great in the 08-11 drive by wire Focus and I could adjust it

Tom

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
The hanging between shifts can be corrected with drive by wire SCT just has to give me the ability to adjust it , it worked great in the 08-11 drive by wire Focus and I could adjust it

Tom
As a SCT distributor/tuner you don't have the ability to talk directly to them?
You have priority over consumer right? (like a direct hotline for sellers)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts