Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just wondering, I have been looking for a short shifter thats going to reduce the throws significantly while holding up under hard shifts. From what i've read the FC race shifter would be my best bet. However it seems to be nothing more than a cut stick. I had ford replace the base when it broke under warranty (crappy thing I mean plastic come on!!) so I have an extra shifter left over... don't know why they replaced that too? Anyways is it possible to get a good shifter from cutting this stock one down and re-threading it. Thought it would be nice and cheap but you do get what you pay for...sometimes.

Thanks for any replies and have a great day.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I'm not positive about this, but in addition to the FC shifter being shorter, it relocates the linkage on the shaft, to make the throws even shorter. I noticed a DRAMATIC difference in the shifts after I installed it. I occasionally shift pretty damn hard too, and it's held up very well (I'm also the second person to own it). It's well worth the money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I am probably going to order one as soon as I hear back about the metal shifter base from focus salvage.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Check around on the FF Marketplace. Go through some of the threads and see if anybody is selling one. I lucked out and got mine for $50 shipped. w00t! [woot]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts