Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im talkin completely custom. buying fabric/whatever and laying it and all that..anyone done this? i saw some blue fabri at walmart and some black as well and im imagining a 2 tone blue/black for the seats. am i using too much imagination here or would this be a pretty easy diy

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I would imagine that it would'nt be that hard. You can take the stock covers off and pattern your fabric after them.

I guess most of us don't consider that an option because we're not seamstresses lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive never sown anything before in my life lol it jus seems like itd be an easy custom mod that ppl can be like "cool brah nice seats brah" lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
hahahah funny stuff
ask your grandma
grandmas always know how to sow

then u can say u got custom grandma seats

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
lol..

i remember when i was gonna custom upholster some celica seats in red and black leather...

go to the library and get a book on doing interiors... THEN see if you still wanna reupholster those seats.

and you better have an industrial machine if you're gonna do it right.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If ur talking about just refabricing the stock seats, then give it a try!!! If ur talking about making the frame or trying to fiberglass up some racing seats, then don't bother. It won't be safe, I wouldn't mess w/ that, they may not hold up in an accident!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i was just thinking of refabricating lol. not a rebuild or something. my seats are kinda stained and im goin with a blue/black scheme..ive painted my vents and console and probably the dash soon. figured the seats might be my next step and i didnt want to fool with ebay seat covers that probably dont even fit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts