·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks good man!

·
Registered
528 Posts
did you remove the rear stress bar to get it in? and is the carpet laid over both pieces or just 1 piece and then another piece and put together? LOOK GOOD!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
been alot of these going on lately.....i think i was one of the first wayyyy back.....aint had a back seat for over a year, im the OG!!!! LOL................Looks really good man, esp with the strut brace.

·
Registered
450 Posts
no offence, im just curious, but whats the point of doing this? Im sure it saves weight, but is it really thaat noticeable?

·
Registered
703 Posts
noticeable? its function outweigh its looks man. You know how much more shit you can fit in the back of that hatch now? A LOT! lol

but it does look cool without backseats, specially when you got some nice recaros or sumthin up front. Then build a custom box for the system back there, and you got a nice system with pleny of room to spare....

Well thats my plan at least....

anyways, good job man!

·
Registered
450 Posts
ah i see, its for hauling stuff. I get it.. [8]

·
Registered
21 Posts
only thing i would do is paint the strut brace yellow! Other than that, good work!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Would this be a kit? or did you build it yourself? if you did... please tell me you got measurements???? if so post em up if u would. thanks bud

Smitty

·
Registered
714 Posts
well i got a sheet of 3/4" MDF, 2-12" pieces of 2x4, 6'x6' piece of marine carpet, and some spray adhesive from lowe's. then you just make a templet out of cardboard, transfer to the wood, cut it, then take about 3/8" off of one of the boards to compensate for the carpet (this part took a very long time for me to do).

that is the shortend version but if you would like the full insrtuctions that i recieved to do this......give me your e-mail address and i will be more than happy to send it to you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks great, I used blue 1/2" insulation foam board from lowes. I had one made out of wood, but it seemed like I got alot of road noise and it was heavy. So I tried the foam to free up some weight, worked great and brought down the road noise.

Lip

·
Registered
526 Posts
Could someone explain to me how this is better than just flippin the rear seat down.[confused]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
pat247 said:
Could someone explain to me how this is better than just flippin the rear seat down.[confused]
Well see with my car and im always caring my bike, the seats were constantly down, in the half a year before i took them someone used my back seats twice. I figured it was easier to simply remove them and build one of these permanently. Did i do it to save weight? of course not, im sure i may have saved 10lbs or so but i did for pure function. And my rears seats from being flipped down constantly were showing signs of wear on the leather where it was being pushed against some of the brackets. I kept everything so if i need them they can be back in an hour or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts