Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i could find a way to fit a smaller conical filter into the stock airbox, wouldn't that be the same as FC or Volant? and i know people have tried to do this, but i think it should be doable with a smaller diameter filter,

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey man, i know u hate ppl saying this, but like just save up a lil more and do it right. I mean if u rly wanna cheap intake look on ebay can find some for under 50 bucks. Its gonn b better then just a filter. I was the same way u were, wanted to do stuff right away, but just do it right :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh believe me, i know a decent bit about the focus, the question is simply: what is right? people will tell you a million different things. so i'm testing a lot of stuff out before i decide.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the stock box doesnt deflect as much heat or allow as much airflow vs the fc and volant box. its a good idea and all, but risking the size of the filter and stuffing it in a cramped box isnt the right way to go about it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey euro, glad to see you stopped by. anyway, i understand that. this is simply a temporary deal i believe. i've pretty much already got it done. i made it into a ram-air kinda deal from behind the top grill. i realize i'm not going to get any forced-induction type gains, but at least it's cooler air.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
ya im with u. its always fun doing stuff on ur own. try it both ways, try it filter on a stick, then try it with the box see which u get better more consistent power from. if u do leave the stock air box in, pull off the resonator box and make the opening bigger, then run some hose off of it behind ur grill or headlight.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha yeah yeah i realize you all think i'm crazy and stupid, i'm just having fun with it. i drove around with the new set up for the first time today, and i'm not sure if like it yet or not.

if i decide that it's worth it, i'll post some pics as a simple, cheap induction method. or at least something fiun to do, hehe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts