Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all the work i did this weekend still not completely done but its getting there black swade headliner and handles then painted some things white and all the pillars leading to the ceiling i painted black everything i painted was grey

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
ok... here is mine (side note this should be in interior mods not showroom a mod will move this)

blank canvas!

converted from overhead console to just the dome

2 layers sound deadening

micro suede headliner, blacked out A,B,C, pillars

O-shit handles got the paint treatment too

visors were an eyesore

so i did those too...

the mirror surrounds dont look that black in the car its the flash

all done

from the outside

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
good looking headliners! maybe someday i'll have the money/time

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
you have to take the seat belts out, there is a little round clip by the door you will see it, its on the outside, and besides that it just pops off... really no trick to it, its tricky getting it back ON lining everything up so it all adjusts like stock... that was the fun part... good luck

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
good looking headliners! maybe someday i'll have the money/time
for just the headliner i spent less then 150$ total, all paint, glue and material... and another 80 something on sound deadening, but that did the whole car not just the roof lol... its not TO bad

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
heres mine

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
I still have yet to post pics of my microsuede headliner but i wanted to let everybody know i made a cool discovery
08 foci sun visors come black from the factory! and they mount up perfect!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i only spent 85 on my headliner thats with all the white/black paint and and the glue for it but i got the hook up on my suede half price and thanks for the tip i'ma paint that middle pillar now lol

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
did you do blue around your vents or is that black i cant tell looks nice though
im assuming your talking to me??? anyways the paint around them is midnight blue to sumwhat match the cars exterior i believe thats an old picture tho i'll find one of the new colour

i acually took this one the other day...the bounty sheets are in it because it s in winter mode all tucked away sleeping but i couldnt resist i had to see it lol so i snapped this shot....yes i know it needs to be cleaned out

PICS

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i got visors for cheap from a salvage yard and used duplicolor fabric paint on them, they turned out great, not sure how much the 08 visors cost but that was my cheap solution

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the headliner just painted black with fabric paint? Not covered. I dont like that look personally, but would rather have it the stock fabric just painted black. Not to rag on those of you with the suede look.

drunkinmonkey - What kind of paint did you use on the pillars? I plan on doing it all this summer :)

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
i used a black paint from duplicolour thats made for plastics then i finished it off with numerous coats of clearcoat

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Did you sand any of the parts before you painted? Or just shot them as-is. Im trying to get them to look flat, dont want much shine to them. How are yours? This one looks EXACTLY how I want them all to look, lol.

How do the parts that adjust the belt hold up? Does the paint chip off it they get adjusted?

Sorry for the thread jack, lol im done now :p

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Did you sand any of the parts before you painted? Or just shot them as-is. Im trying to get them to look flat, dont want much shine to them. How are yours? This one looks EXACTLY how I want them all to look, lol.

How do the parts that adjust the belt hold up? Does the paint chip off it they get adjusted?

Sorry for the thread jack, lol im done now :p

haha no worries...well for seatbelt i used more the normal clearcoat just to prevent the chipping and what not from occuring and it seems to me holding up rather well in my opinion everything painted was done clear coat dependinghow many layers youuse i think on my a pillars theres only a few coats just to kinda protect it....might also be the light from the camera haha

im pretty sure you can get flat black paint for plastic

as for sanding i did known i just cleaned them really well to get grease and oils and what not off them

GOODLUCK!!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i didnt sand mine either, just cleaned them off really really well, my seat belt adjusters are holding up great... then again, i dont adjust mine, and the other side is adjusted for my GF and shes the only other person who rides in my car so they dont move much

1 - 20 of 31 Posts