Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been digging around researching and have decided to go with a custom exhaust setup for both control over what I put on the car as well as a bit of fun in the fabrication and buildup of the system.

That being said I decided to go with a 2.5" setup since it should give me the best upper end performance increase with the least amount of low end torque loss. Plus it seems like folks have been happy with theirs. The 2.5" also leaves enough room out there for future mods, particularly if I decide to boost this thing down the line.

My planned setup:
- OBX Catless header
- 2.5" pipe
- welded in high flow cat (as good of performance/$ as I can find honestly)
- 2.5" pipe
- Magnaflow 12265 dual exit muffler

Anyone have any sage advice on the header/muffler? The good/the bad? Also, I've gone back and forth with putting in a resonator. I figured I could do the standard build, see how it sounds and then add a resonator if I need to.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would add a really good/big resonator too if you don’t want rasp or rediculous drone.
yupp with the obx header you will get alot of drone. get a big ass resonator to throw in there too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was toying with the resonator and have been going back and forth with the vibrant 1142 3? Ultra Quiet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had the ultra quiet and it barely did anything on my 2.5 setup. My setup is obx header, vibrant ultra quiet, manga flow dual exit. Just recently I took out the vibrant res and welded in a stock st resonator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have that magnaflow and a stock ST resonator and I've been really happy with it. I still have the original header with a cat though so it won't be as loud as the obx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm running the mk2 fswerks header with the mk3 fswerks stealth exhaust. 2.5in mandrel bent SS the whole way. i love it and it's not to loud unless you go WOT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts