Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow fanatics! i own a five speed tuxedo black focus SE sedan[headbang]. Im looking to get straight pipes on my focus. i wanted to know if any of you guys/gals out there have done so already or if you gotten any other "non-exhaust kit" mods done to your exhaust system.

Post 'em here!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec TiVCT Performance section.

Many exh. threads here, even one with straight pipes & video clip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i just chopped off the rear most muffler and ran a pipe, sounds okay, kinda bubbly, definitely getting ready to replace, probably putting obx header, and potentially the j2 catback or the fswerks stealth catback. With the way these are built you have to be very gentile on them, while also beating the hell out of them. just do your mods properly and dont take short cuts and you'll continue to have a nice car.

i'm off my soap box now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@wayne i feel you. good work means great rewards! carefull with those pre made kits though, a buddy of mine got a magnaflow kit for his mazda3 and the fit up was crap but it sounded okay.So im goin to a shop that does pretty good exhaust work to get mine done plus itll be a lot cheaper than the $500+ you'd spend for a kit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
true, but the kits are also designed for our cars, i was going to run a straight pipe but the way these are set up like a honda on crack, i didnt want to take the risk of letting "Joe Mc[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]" start welding shit and call it a straight pipe, and then destroy my seals or burn my valves running too lean or too rich. get a wideband 02 and monitor your air/fuel and just keep an eye on things, if it's done right it should be nice. i wish you the best luck with it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I went to a local shop had them chop off the lunchbox and add a Solo Performance 21" free flowing muffler. I found that to be too mild so I went back the next day and had the main resonator removed. My all in cost was $360 and I'm very happy with the sound. As long as you know a reputable shop there is no need to pay for a name brand kit. I don't think I'd ever go straight pipe it's too loud and unrefined.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@wayne Thanks man! Im goin straight pipe after the cat and the sensors so i dont believe there will be much of an issue with oxy-fuel ratios. I was just lookin at the fswerks race system and it had some nice reviews. post an update of your ride when you get it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@CRP16 Great pix! no lie about that straight pipes are gonna be either a hit or a miss but its easier to go back and get a muffler installed after the fact if i dont like it. some guys are just throwin one or two resonators so it sounds a bit more "put together."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Mustang0 that looks great man the side exit looks pretty nice and not bad pricing for stainless. Good job

·
Registered
976 Posts
@CRP16 - do you have any clips of it? When you say too mild, was it basically a skosh louder than stock?

·
Registered
158 Posts
@CRP16 - do you have any clips of it? When you say too mild, was it basically a skosh louder than stock?
With just the muffler swap you couldn't really hear the exhaust when inside the car, now with the resonator gone its sufficiently loud.

I'll hopefully get a clip up this weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Getting my exhaust done now! Putting 2.25" pipe no mufflers and no resonator [headbang]

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
^^^Good vid, thanks for posting. A bit loud for my taste, but exhaust is v. personal thing! Thanks again! Just to be clear, this is the Magnaflow catback minus the resonator?

·
Registered
158 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts