Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some blue cathodes and LED's in the ZTS and was having trouble finding a suitable place for my rocker switches. When I had an '05 I hid them inside the flip down CD compartment.

I decided to go with the pull out ash/coin tray and got to work fabricating a little box before realizing there was a write up for this already. I looked it over and actually like my way better though, it leaves me enough room to still put coins in.

I've got another light up switch on the way from oznium.com so they will match, and I'll post some night time pics later to show the interior all glow'd up.

Anyway, here are some pics...

Sorry for the crappy BlackBerry pics... I'll get quality ones up soon.

EDIT: My girlfriend showed up with her camera so here are a couple more...

Comments welcome!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol obviously her date & time stamps are a little off too...

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks good!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Pretty cool. Looks like a teeny tiny speaker box. lol

I like the idea of taking that lid thingy off the ash tray too. I was curious how you were going to access the buttons.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i love how it is hidden and keeps the interior looking clean. good job!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i love how it is hidden and keeps the interior looking clean. good job!
Thanks, I'm definitely going for a cleaner look now that I'm getting a little bit older. (I only just turned 23, but I'm feeling old already)

I have always been into modding, here is a pic from my first car back in high school...

Now I'm just trying to change up my style to be unique but still very functional.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
looks really clean man, i really like this if i didnt have my switch for my cold cathodes more permently mounted i would deff be doing this, great work [thumb]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I like how you did this, but I think it would get old pulling the tray out all the way to get to the switches.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I pull it out to put coins in or take them out all the time, so this doesn't bother me at all. To me this is better than drilling holes somewhere visible and having to stare at an ugly switch all the time. The switches and lights are all hidden so it looks stock but can look modified when I want it to as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts