Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my custom to spec for my JL Audio 10w6v2 sub. The sound quality of a JL sub just cannot seem to be beat. I have tried several subs over the last few years and nothing comes close to a JL w6 in SQ. Im going to build a custom Front baffle built for it to make it all look nice and clean and seal from the trunk firing in the cabin. Please share your feedback(= keep in mind it is a build in progress lol will post more pics soon!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
sweet, looking good so far!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason most dont use birch is because it costs almost twice the cost of mdf. But you pay for what ya get(= it will last forever lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Your right about birch and that is a good quality box but I do believe there are way more subs that can beat out the jl in sound quality but after all that's just an opinion

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your right about birch and that is a good quality box but I do believe there are way more subs that can beat out the jl in sound quality but after all that's just an opinion
Im sure there are. im sorry i didnt explain my reasoning. i made that statement from a point of how small of an amount of airspace jl's w6 line requires and performs superbly and clear while still putting out a good deal of sound(=

1 - 10 of 10 Posts