Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a focus TDCI and want to install an amp. But how can I bring the current into my car??? I have a 25mm² cable...

greetz...

·
Registered
639 Posts
theres a couple ways to do this. the first way is to find a good spot near the pedals somewhere, and drill a hole to stick the wire through with a rubber grommet. teh other way is to run it up the drivers side of the engine compartment and through a hole in the doorjam.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i'd recommend not going through the door jam or goign near where the hood closes at. i've known people that have done this and then the wire gets cut by the hood or something else and blows the fuse and then you've gotta repair the wire. it's not safe either. especialy with that large of a wire, if i did the conversion to american correctly, 25mm2 is 3 gauge wire, which is pretty good sized to be running like that. drilling through the firewall is the safest and best way IF you use caution. i've drilled holes through the area where the rim of the plastic peice that protects the steering bars go through the firewall. works good for me. just make sure it's an area where you won't hit anything accidently.

- Scott

·
Registered
639 Posts
well i did mine through the door jam, but i did it a different way. instead of coming up through the top of the hood, i ran the wire from the battery, down by the headlight, and through the inner part of the fender. then it comes out level with the hole in the door jam, through a piece of foam separating the engine compartment from the door. its kind of hard to explain. but it took me about an hour to do this, and i know its done right and wont get pinched by anything

·
Registered
393 Posts
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER run the wire throught the door jam. it is dangerious, and stupid no matter what way you do it. it is the lazy getto way to do it.

Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
yo, what's going on! i think the best way to run your wire through is the way i did it, no drilling, no door jams, no nothing. check out the metal bar that opens your hood. follow that bar, you will see a rubber piece that can be removed, pull it out and run your wire right through, it's that easy, plain and simple. hope it works for you

·
Registered
838 Posts
I drilled a holes by the pedals and it was easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts