Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying this SE hatchback it is a 2013 with about 37k miles on it. Its former life was as a rental so I assume that it just fell out of warranty and they sold it off. My problem is that the car is just far enough away that it isn't convenient to go and peak at. So all I have are some pictures and the dealers word. Looking under the hood I see some white stains on the covers on the right side. I don't know what would cause this or if it is something to worry about or not. I figure that if there was a big coolant leak there will be more evidence when I'm there in person. Any advice/comments are greatly appreciated.

Picture in question: http://imgur.com/vq6QkGS

·
Registered
739 Posts
Honestly it looks like someone got a little crazy with the shine/protectant product that they sprayed all over the engine to make it look nicer. I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. This is what I hope the case is but wanted to make sure it wasn't a something common that I just couldn't find on google. I will be looking at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
739 Posts
So did you end up getting this one? Looks like you did according to your profile.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Honestly it looks like someone got a little crazy with the shine/protectant product that they sprayed all over the engine to make it look nicer. I wouldn't be too concerned.
Yea^^^^^^ You'd think they'd wipe it down. To much product & being a slacker gets you that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts