Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the magnaflow exhaust so much cheaper than every other exhaust besdies Pacesetter that I see on the market for the focus?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
just how magnaflow is really. its only 2.25" but it is a good qualtiy stainless steel and mandrel bent. they might do something in the manufacturing process to save cash on overhead, maybe they have a good deal on steel, manufacture it somewhere cheaper, or just arent full of themselves and overcharge like hks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, because I know the Borla is 2.5'', but Bosal, MBRP, Vibrant, and Thermal R&D are a lot more expensive and they are 2.25'' stainless steel also. I just thought maybe the outside of the exhaust was stainless steel but the inside was alumnized or something.

·
Registered
688 Posts
MBRP...they are cheaper then borla..all the ones i found were..like on mcnews or another site..forgot it...it was $319.00 on mcnews..my borla cost $425.00 which included shipping....n that is from modernperformance

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I meant. The Borla is the most expensive but the other 2.25'' exhausts are more expensive than the Magnaflow. Now, if you are staying N/A, wouldn't 2.5'' cause you to lose power? I thought 2.25'' was good enough.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
u don't get gains from 2.5 over 2.25

1 - 6 of 6 Posts