Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious on if anyone would wanna show from different cities to know if it would be worth my time getting this together. Now if I do I will get in touch with performance shops from all over Texas to see if they would come out and give out parts for raffles. Also depending on location I will find food vendors so that people that do show up will have something to eat. Ummm...... Lets see what else........ That will probably be the basics.

* * * *MINOR DETAILS * * * *

DATE: On a Saturday starting around noon and ending when ever the last car leaves.
CARS WELCOMED: All American compact car(cobalt, neon, focus, cavaliers, and any other 4 cylinder domestic). No Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, well basically anything with a V8, and of course NO imports.
FOOD AND DRINK: either food vendors, or if at a food place well thats pretty explanatory.

Also since this is a meet I and I'm sure many others would like to have again and again so please if this does happen no burn outs, wanna be drifting, and any other stupid things.

So if you are interesting and would like to come to something of this nature just say
"yeah I would like to go" "sounds good give me a date" or any other saying lol. Also if you know of any other forum that I have not put this on please put it on there and let me know. Hope to hear from yall.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you're going to make it so exclusive, I don't think you'll get much of a showing.

Maybe if it were a "Domestic Compact" and in small print "All domestics welcome" meet it'd work better.

If you think that's a stupid idea, then shoo-shoo rebadged Ion boy.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
i dont think that you are going to get a big statewide showing in texas like some of the other regions have managed. for us dallas guys thats a 5 and half hour drive. not sure what it would be for houston or el paso but im sure those are both fairly long drives as well. you might want to have the meet more centrally, like waco or something.

Fo' SHO said:
If you think that's a stupid idea, then shoo-shoo rebadged Ion boy.
thats some funny stuff, so true.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why is it domestic car owners won't drive a certain amount of hours to go to a meet and when import owners would go the distance to go to a meet and the reason why its gonna be in SA or New Braunfels is cuz I live there and I don't plan on going to Waco or whatever just to go talk to places. As for rebadged ION boy I'm not even gonna bother with it.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
1BadSS2.4 said:
Why is it domestic car owners won't drive a certain amount of hours to go to a meet and when import owners would go the distance to go to a meet and the reason why its gonna be in SA or New Braunfels is cuz I live there and I don't plan on going to Waco or whatever just to go talk to places. As for rebadged ION boy I'm not even gonna bother with it.
hypocrite. you are unwilling to drive, but are frustrated with us for not wanting to either. seems kinda stupid to me...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm... I don't know where you get hypocrite from cuz I never said anything about not wanting to drive all the way to Waco or whatever to go to a meet. I said I don't plan on going to talk to businesses to plan a meet. I would love to go to Houston or where ever to meet up with other people and hang out but I'm not gonna go just to talk to a couple of business to see if we can have a meet there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if it happens and my schedule permits from work, i like to go, sa is just like another close city to me thats cause i live in the rio grande valley, thats 4 hrs one way of driving, but i love to drive my car and if u can get a lot of vendors to help u out that will be awesome

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
fallacious_focus said:
i dont think that you are going to get a big statewide showing in texas like some of the other regions have managed. for us dallas guys thats a 5 and half hour drive. not sure what it would be for houston or el paso but im sure those are both fairly long drives as well. you might want to have the meet more centrally, like waco or something.
yea, have it in waco! lol that's where i live so it would be perfect! i doubt this will get off the ground cuz texas is just too damn big & there aren't enough foci enthusiasts to fill all the distance! it's really sad!!!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
well i live outside of houston........i wouldn't mind taking a drive to meet up w/other car enthusiast....... i think it would be cool.......

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
i wouldnt mind either, i just dont have the time to make an overnight trip for a g2g. when i checked on google maps it said that the drive would take me about 6 hours. i know that i would make that once in a day but id have to stay at a hotel before making the return trip and that would be very expensive.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i just don't see me traveling to another state unless it's an official event....if it's just a bunch of ppl hangin out i doubt i will drive more than 2 hours to do it...you never know if ppl will show & then what...you just wasted your time not to mention GAS...don't get me wrong, i would love to be around fellow focus lovers....it just needs to be a definate thing before i jump at the opportunity

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Dropdfocus said:
people aren't hardcore anymore

we used to do state focus g2g's and have 30 foci show up from all over.
its not a matter of hardcore or not...3-4 years ago when you guys were having your statewide g2gs gas was 1.50-1.75/gal. its 3.00+/gal now. its a really good idea, dont get me wrong. id love to go, i just cant afford to right now.

also, are you driving the focus again or just using a different username on here instead of teh_415?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts