Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new to the forum and new to a focus. i picked up my 03 svt euro recently and it is in amazing shape the only thing that doesnt work is the cruze control. i looked for relays/fuses and didnt see anything i try and turn it on with the steering wheel and theres just nothing happening any ideas would be great thanks.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Cruise control uses a second cable to the throttle body. You could start be checking to see if you actually have a second cable going to the throttle body parallel to the first one.
If not, then no cruise.
If the second cable is there. then see where it goes. Check the fuses.
Someone may have not wanted it on the car, and removed it, or pulled the fuse.
IF the second cable is there, and the fuse is fine, then the actuator may be dead. (the gizmo that pulls that second cable) or a broken wire anywhere.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is also a possibility of a clutch switch gone bad. I lost cruise control after letting a shop replace my clutch and flywheel. took it back and in 5 minutes i had cruise control again. The tech said he left something unplugged by mistake.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yeah, there is clutch/brake disengagement switches on the pedals...over time, your pedals can sag...enough to trigger the switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts