Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Recently purchaseda Ford Focus Sedan ias just moved to Australia... 2007 model 15 k on the clock ( automatic).

When the car stationery and put into reverse the noise when taking your foot off the break pedal is very crunchy and sometimes when you use the hand brake. There are no noise problems with normal breaking whilst driving on the road.

The dealer said this noise happens with all focus cars -they allegedly checked the brakes to see if they were OK.

I sat in another Focus on the showroom ,and sure enough the same noise.

The question is, what is creating this noise ? is it normal for a newish car, or are people tellming me lies ? The car hasa two year warranty anyway,

Hmmm

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Can't be sure but,
I'd guess it's the parking brake cable tensing up and slightly rubbing the bottom of the car.
I know the older Foci there was a plastic shield over that cable and it was in close proximity to the cable, maybe it's rubs that a little.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It depends on just how loud the noise is. Sitting inside a building or other quiet place, you probably could hear the operation of the emergency brake system on most cars.

There is such a thing I've heard called "brake creep noise". That's when the brakes are being released slowly as the car is just starting to move. You can make this happen on many cars that otherwise are normal.

With your noise, I'd be tempted to pull the drums, sand down the shoes and drums, and clean out any dust. Cheap fix....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts