·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland/Vancouver etc folk!

TIME/DATE:

September 10th!

Meet at Jantzen Beach at 10am

* For those who have not meet up at Jantzen Beach, we will be over by Video Only, Toy's R Us and Circuit City.

Leave at 10:30am for the drive and fun!

ROUTE:
* head east on i-84 from Portland
* exit in Troutdale at Exit 18
* take the Historic Columbia River Highway east. (take it easy - very old and narrow and twisty/switchback'ey)
* stop at Vista House for kickass photo ops
* optionally stop at various waterfalls, etc.
* after Multnomah Falls, get back on I-84 east
* get off at Exit 44 to the "Bridge of the Gods" ($1.00 toll, but worth it! drive slow)
* cross over to WA Rt. 14 on the north side of the river
* head briefly east and stop in Stevenson, WA for fun, maybe lunch + a beer (if you want) @ Walking Man
* hang around town and sober up
* take Rt 14 west back to Vancouver (fantastic road! broad shoulders, few stoplights, passing zones, clearly marked recommended speeds in turns) Also best to actually do posted speed limits no more than 5 over... This area is peppered with County and State police as its a "safety zone"
* Once back in the vicinity of Camas we all head home and go our seperate ways!
COST:

I figure this to be an all day trip... Should consume roughly 1/4 - 1/2 tank of gas for everyone. I average 250 miles per tank sooo you get where I am going with that...

There is $1.00 in toll for the Bridge of the Gods and I figure anywhere from $5-15 for food along the way.

SIDE NOTES:

* Highway 14 is a Safety Zone, this means if you speed you WILL get a ticket
* Old Highway - Beware of RVs, they consume the road and for sure need to give them right of way
* Bridge Toll is mandatory, but so worth it
* There are plenty of places to stop for gas, on Exit (16??) there is the Flying J truck stop with lower cost gas
* Plenty of places to eat in Stevenson - http://www.skamania.org/stevenson/

·
Registered
139 Posts
Were I not working the Wild West Rally, I might have considered driving down for this... Have fun!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Five cars, seven attendeeds. I'm looking forward to see more Focuses in a row at next meet.

This one turned out lame, because I shot it through the window.

·
Registered
464 Posts
oh dang!!!! that was the 10th?!?!?!?!?! woops.............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I missed it. [:(]

My girlfriend was DJing saturday night and the other two DJs were some of our faves.
So we just partied too hard. (all the while telling ourselves we had to get up early)

Excuses excuses....[rolleyes]

I hope to make the next one though.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had fun, glad those who made did, it was great...

Odd thing was going back to my old home town and see girls that I went to highschool with working at the place we had lunch... damn they are still hot!

·
Registered
464 Posts
that'd be nice if you were talking about hooters!! hahahahaha MUAHAHA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts