Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a zx3 that does not have cruise, but I buy a cruise steering wheel, it's all a matter of changing the wheel, right?

The wires and such are preinstalled on all foci, it just matters if there is a control for it, yes?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
im not sure....seems like there would be more to it than that. If it isnt on the car, theres a good chance none of the components arent on the car. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understand they wire the cars for everything, it's just a matter of if it's in the package or not. Well I just got the wheel from the junk yard, and I've waited my five minute warning time from the Hanes manual, gunna go give it a try. I'll let you know.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
soonerman77 said:
I recently had cruise added to my car and bought the entire kit from http://www.fordpartsonline.com It was substantially less than what the dealer here told me it would be. Also keep in mind that adding a cruise control takes a lot more than just "the parts" from a junker. The kit from Ford has all the little things such as steering wheel with controls, servo, cruise cable, new clockspring and about a million wire attachments. Most importantly it has directions of which include splicing wires here and there. Trying to piece this thing together would take forever so it's better to buy the complete kit.

edit: I just looked it up and the complete kit for the cruise was $360.00 bucks. If you're interested in this then call the number they have listed on the website as they don't have the complete kit listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts