Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added cruise to my 2012 focus S two to three years ago and its been working great. I drove to work yesterday and all was normal but when I started my drive home I noticed that I couldn't turn on cruise with the on/off toggle. No response at all pressing the button. The CEL isn't on and I haven't had any issues up until now. The button feels normal so I don't think the switch failed. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyone know if the Torque APP can read switches so I don't have to take my airbag off again to test the switch?

When I get a moment I'll hook it up and make sure cruise is still enabled but I find it really odd that it would quit so suddenly.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cruise is starting to work intermittently so I'm starting to think it might be the clock spring. Hopefully not since that's pretty pricey to swap out. Nothing else is acting up but that may be coming. next time cruise won't function I'll have to try adjusting the steering wheel height to see if that affects it at all, some have commented that started the cruise working for them in another thread about the same issue. Just found the new thread today otherwise I would have posted on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 2012 SEL that came with cruise... And this issue, a DTC was logged with no CEL. The code logged was something like 'steering wheel module - mechanical fault' or something of the sort. The nhtsa had this issue listed with Ford stated fix to buy a new wire harness, the 10 inch piece of wire that runs around the steering wheel. Mine went away when I rewrapped the wire with electrical tape but the fix was more likely from reseating the wire.

Hope this helps... Saved me about $30 anyway

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/SB-10053655-9612.pdf

·
Registered
31 Posts
took the air bag off (good video on youtube)

Tested CC buttons with ohm meter, reassembled and pushed on all the pins to make sure they were all seated. CC is now working at least for today.

Not sure a new harness is needed.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts