Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the whole cruise control setup. Basically I am adding the option to my 03 LX sedan with the 2.3l Duratec. I want the buttons the cable and the servo, maybe the wheel in black. plus what ever I left out. I will look int what I need to do it this weekend.

·
Registered
864 Posts
.. you mean you want someone to give them to you or what??? i dont get what you are asking.

anywho if i did translate your message properly you want to add CC... and do it this weekend... but dont have the parts...

well, i am very experienced in the duratec cruise control, and from my experience i know that you cant just buy parts. you have to actually go to ford and buy their oem one. because the one that comes on the car if you had it optioned on, or it came factory with it was wired different that the one for cars that are being put on after the fact.

the install on the stuff (wiring, drilling, mounting, and such) took me ( a person with i would say above average abailty) 6 hours to install. and i also had all the tools i deeded on hand. when you buy the kit from ford it does come with very good directions on installing the kit. when i asked the dealership where i got the part what they would charge for labor they said 2 hrs worth which was like $170. my friend had his installed there and it took more like 5 hrs and cost some $300 just for the install, so if you are at all mechanically inclined i recommend you do it yourself. although it does take some soldering, and cutting ecu wires which was a little tense.

If you do decide to do this and have any questions feel free to pm me

·
Registered
295 Posts
I too would appreciate some info on this, mainly just how much it would cost, and if the guy who has the Ford parts hook-up could get a better deal. (and I'm not trying to threadjack)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts