Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history:

03 SVTF - Just had the trans replaced because it had a leak so instead of replecing a seal they put in a new trans. Cruise worked fine before.

Now the light on the dash won't come on and the cruise is not funcitonal. Is there a fuse for the system or something possibly not connected causing it to not work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Take it back to the dealership and have them fix the problem. Dont let them jerk you
around. Stick it to the man. There could be a fuse in the cab under the steering wheel.
Check the owners book and see if that is the problem. If that is not the problem,
take it back to the dealership.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check the clutch switch by the clutch pedal. Make sure it didn't come out. I did the "clutch switch" mod and my cruise didn't work. I checked the switch and found my tape job didn't hold up! Retaped it and the cruise worked! Otherwise, take it back to them and have them get it straight!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's definitely going back if it's something more complicated than a fuse or open connection. Just thought I would check the easy stuff before hassling with the dealer.

I did look for a fuse but it is not listed in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the problem. Not sure if it was related to the trans swap or not. The brake light switch was not seeated into the bracket so my brake lights were staying on. This also meant the crusie control wouldn't turn on assuming I was hitting my brakes. Not sure how that could have happened but with the switch back in place brake lights work correctly and cruise works again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts