Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to use my cruise control. I got it up to 65 mph and turned it one and set the speed. I seen the little green indicator come on so I took my foot off the gas. Guess want, It isn't working anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
this belongs in technical, not performance chat

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like your fuse might be blown. I check my fuses. There still good.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's the same one that runs the backup lights. So check that out. If back ups work fine then it is not the fuse.

Search....[wrenchin]

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Check each end of the cable? There's two cables, one for throttle and one for cruise. It could have come loose.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay cool. I'll check the cables monday once I get home. Thanks.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DCL2049 Can you take a picute of the two cables so I can make sure i'm looking at the right things. I know the main throttle cable. I just mainly need the second one. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
While you are trying to put the cruise on, pull up from underneath the clutch and brake pedals, The spring may not be strong enough to pull the clutch all the way up, causing your cruise to think you have them pushed, that is what's wrong with my focus, everytime i get in it i have to pull up on the clutch to get the cruise to work.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
This is a huge picture... but you can see the two cables in here.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/2005_Ford_Focus_ZX4_SE_engine.jpg

It's easier to see on the Zetec, but they are the two cables flipping up in front of the intake manifold. They're running to the throttle body which is halfway covered up by that huge plastic chunk. Gotta love the Duratec. If you already found the throttle cable, then cruise should be right in front of you.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay thanks guys. I'll check those out soon as possible.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found my problem. Snapped the cable. This sucks.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just took a look at my repair manual. Not a chilton or hayes but the accuall one from ford. I love ebay. Anyway all I need is a $30 cable and the swap is a piece of cake. Sould be intresting.

·
Registered
241 Posts
WoaHey! Thanks guys!

I just got my daughter a 2000 black SE sedan and the cruise doesn't work - did a search and found all this - I'll take a look tomorrow in the light

Great little thread - hopefully will save me hours

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It might also be the silonoid. You might want to check that also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts