Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cruise Control No Response At All

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Paul1958 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZX3. I have looked online and on different forums and I cant seem to figure out whats wrong with my cruise control.

Heres the story. I had a 2001 focus that had fully functional cruise control (manual trans). It was in an accident and was totaled from the rear so I bought a cheap 2002 focus (manual trans) and did a whole wire harness swap and transplanted the whole cruise control system to the new focus. Basically I frankensteined together 2 focuses to get 1 fully functional focus. EVERYTHING works and no check engine lights or any troubles but the cruise control will not work.

I have tried: Onboard diagnostic of the system but I cant even get the light to blink in the first place, I replaced the bulb for the light with known working one, ECU is from original focus with working cc, Steering wheel buttons are new and replaced, sensors are replaced, rear brake lights are working.

What could be causing me from not even being able to get into the on board diagnostics?

Thank you! [cheers]

#2 · (Edited)
Just so I understand:
The 2002 did/did not have cruise control?
You swapped all of the harnesses (underhood, underdash) from the 2001 into the 2002?
You used the CJB and cruise control module from the 2001?
All the pedal switches from the 2001 where put into the 2002?
Are you using the 2001 or 2002 PCM?
You have the CC schematics for 2001 and 2002?

Paul

#3 ·
2002 did NOT have cruise control
all fuse boxes and all wiring harnesses swapped over
cruise control servo motor and the module swapped over
all pedal switches swapped over
PCM from 2001 focus
gauge cluster is from 2001 focus too if that helps
no i dont have the schematics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.