Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 zx3 with a 5 speed. My question is in regards to the crusie control. It does work. However it doesent engage right away sometimes. Maybe after 10 minutes of driving then it works perfectly. Any input relating the issue would be helpful. Nothing serious... Just curious

Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hey new WI guy, this http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253080&highlight=cruise+control+diagnostic thread contains a cruise control self diagnostic procedure to test the whole shebang. I don't know how your car could take 10 minutes from button press to activation for the cruise control to work without disabling the system or triggering fault codes, but stranger things might have happened.

Does it really sometimes take a number of minutes for the cruise control to engage after hitting the button?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk its wierd. The on/off switches are on the left side and coast,set, and resume are on the right. When i get to my desired speed i push "on" then "set".... Nothing happens. I try this over and over... Between 5-10 min later after trying this process it finally engages, green cruise light on the dash turns on... If i ever brake and hit resume it still works fine. Like i said before this isnt a huge concern, im just curious...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it happens more when i start the car after its been sitting for a while. so the engine is cold but i dont think that has anything to do with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts