Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just a heads up on an issue I am having,

My cruise control intermitantly fails to respond atall when trying to turn it on. I.E. I have no cruise control. Finally got it to happen today while the dealership was open so they could see the issue. They kindly took five minutes to scan the car right away so I could get to work on time, as of now im waiting to hear back for their findings.

Like I said, just mentioning what I think is a new issue, not by any means complaining about the car, I do love it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I certainly hope this is an isolated incident! I use my cruise control daily, and would hate for it to cause any problems. Hopefully they find a fix soon. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey, just a heads up on an issue I am having,
My cruise control intermitantly fails to respond atall when trying to turn it on. I.E. I have no cruise control. Finally got it to happen today while the dealership was open so they could see the issue. They kindly took five minutes to scan the car right away so I could get to work on time, as of now im waiting to hear back for their findings.
Like I said, just mentioning what I think is a new issue, not by any means complaining about the car, I do love it.
Afternoon Russ9012,

Pleasure to meet you! [wave]

Great decision in taking the Focus to the local Ford dealer! I'm interested in knowing the service department’s findings. Keep me posted, okay?

Take care!

Noemi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Afternoon Russ9012,

Pleasure to meet you! [wave]

Great decision in taking the Focus to the local Ford dealer! I'm interested in knowing the service department’s findings. Keep me posted, okay?

Take care!

Noemi
Why thank you noemi, pleasure is all mine.

Got an appointment to drop the car off on monday night, service guy getting me a rental while they check it out. So far I have to say the two ford dealerships I've used (jacky jonesof sweetwater, and larry hill in cleveland, tn) have always exceeded my expectations in terms of the level of service, ESPECIALLY jacky jones.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Why thank you noemi, pleasure is all mine.
Got an appointment to drop the car off on monday night, service guy getting me a rental while they check it out. So far I have to say the two ford dealerships I've used (jacky jonesof sweetwater, and larry hill in cleveland, tn) have always exceeded my expectations in terms of the level of service, ESPECIALLY jacky jones.
Afternoon Russ9012,

Fantastic! [thumb]

Ohhhh...what a difficult situation; sounds as though you have two great dealers to choose from! [:D]

Keep me posted on the results; I'll be more than happy to provide further assistance.

Take care!

Noemi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So they have had my car a few days trying to figure this out, apparently they tracked it down to a problem with the clock spring and are awaiting parts, I've been furnished with a rental the whole time so patience isn't a problem atall.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What exactly was replaced? I drive a ton for work and this happens easily once per day.

I have it on video because im sure the day i go to the dealer it will work fine.

Very annoying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, typing is difficult as am using a phone.

It is a device in/behind the steering wheel that allows the connections for all your buttons and horn etc to be made regardless of the position of the wheel.

Hope I helped.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always use my cruise control. I have the same problem. My cruise controls sometimes fails to engage. Going to take my car to the dealer to have it checked out in about a week when the school year is over. Will keep you posted about what is exactly fixed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
my cruise stopped working today on a long trip. What a pain. I'll take it to the dealer (of course it'll start working when I do, for sure).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I really don't like the steering wheel controls for the cruise control! I find myself hitting the down side but actually getting both the down and on/off button turning the system off. Perhaps I'll get used to it but they made the cruise control interface WAY more cumbersome than any I've used before. They could have easily designed it so that all cruise functions were done with push operations so that the pull button, now used for cancel/resume, could be used, in combination with a rededicated Voice command pull button on the other side, for paddle shifters.

Brian

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Would have to say I find the opposite, love the layout more intuitive to me.
I'm in rental cars about 250 days out of the year with a different one about every two weeks so I have some experience with the various cruise control interfaces. I'd rate the one on my FF as the worst of the lot.

Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To each their own, possibly I'm the only one in the world that finds it preferable but thats fine by me, my rental car and work truck days are behind me. I do however drive around 140 miles a day in my focus

·
Registered
213 Posts
Figures. Made an appointment today to take it in for the cruise and halfway into work, it started working again. It will be yet another "customer says cruise c. not working >> tested. works" experience.

As far as ergonomics, the paddle design is horrible. making the on/off switch physically part of the +/- rocker makes for a lot of accidental presses. It's really a poor design. Bu tI had gotten careful and thus used to it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Figures. Made an appointment today to take it in for the cruise and halfway into work, it started working again. It will be yet another "customer says cruise c. not working >> tested. works" experience.

As far as ergonomics, the paddle design is horrible. making the on/off switch physically part of the +/- rocker makes for a lot of accidental presses. It's really a poor design. Bu tI had gotten careful and thus used to it.

Exactly, I have on numerous occasions meant to press the "-" button to slow it down a notch only to feel the whole rocker wobble and activate the on/off switch. As I said, this is the worst designed steering wheel control interface I have ever used in my entire 55 year life -- absolutely horrid!

I do hope I develop the muscle memory to do this with fewer errors and suspect that in time I will get better at it, but there is simply no excuse for Ford ever letting this t*rd of a design get green lighted...

Brian

1 - 20 of 81 Posts