Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the threads on some of the cruise control issues with the MKIII.
The cancel/resume button works when I want to cancel the cruise function, but does not work to 'resume' the speed when pushed again. Anyone else have this issue?

Thought I would ask before taking it to the dealer. They need all the help they can get. [chair]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just to be sure, when you are trying to reactivate the cruise you are pulling on the little switch right? Push to turn on, push to set, push to turn off. Pull to cruise, pull to reactivate.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Just to be sure, when you are trying to reactivate the cruise you are pulling on the little switch right? Push to turn on, push to set, push to turn off. Pull to cruise, pull to reactivate.
Jeez.. I never know it could 'pull'. LOL
I use cruise a LOT, and typically am flipping up or down 1mph here and there, then shutting it off (instead of 'deactivate') then turning it on again, and resetting the speed. all in less than a minute.

Though i did once reactivate (accidentally) back in my Se and the car was in 'unintended acceleration' mode until I figure out it was the *%d*&n cruise doing the accelerating. I guess that totally turned my off the idea of ever leaving cruise half on.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Need to pull it...not push it. Have you taken a look at the owner's manual?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have said "pulled" on the switch. I have read the manual. I know you pull on the paddle to both cancel and resume the cruise. It will cancel and maybe once out of ten times it will resume--after you stop and shut the ignition off and restart and reset everything. So I know the electrical contacts of the switch are working, but the computer??? or the programming???

Another oddity is the radio display. Sometimes it has the "blue blocks" and other times it is just blank.

Some of the electronics on this car have the stability of a cheap tablet's operating system. I should know, I've owned two.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You push to cancel and pull to resume. Edit...opps..you're right..pull for both.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Is your Focus still under warranty?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound right unless you're going below 20-ish mph (is 30kph here) when you try to resume.

·
Registered
984 Posts
To the dealer you go then.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Read the threads on some of the cruise control issues with the MKIII.
The cancel/resume button works when I want to cancel the cruise function, but does not work to 'resume' the speed when pushed again. Anyone else have this issue?

Thought I would ask before taking it to the dealer. They need all the help they can get. [chair]
I should have said "pulled" on the switch. I have read the manual. I know you pull on the paddle to both cancel and resume the cruise. It will cancel and maybe once out of ten times it will resume--after you stop and shut the ignition off and restart and reset everything. So I know the electrical contacts of the switch are working, but the computer??? or the programming???

Another oddity is the radio display. Sometimes it has the "blue blocks" and other times it is just blank.

Some of the electronics on this car have the stability of a cheap tablet's operating system. I should know, I've owned two.
When you get an appointment with your dealer set up, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll check into some additional assistance.

Meagan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts