Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Twenty, what all does it upgrade? Or better question is how did you go about it.
The update puts the latest version of the software into the instrument panel. The result is that older cars (2012 and early 2013s) get the 4-way display that's in my pictures, not originally included in the car. As well, apparently, when you switch the fuel economy to MPG, it changes the odometer to miles (originally it stayed in kilometres).

There are several threads about people going to their dealership (they have to do it) and reporting they had the failure described in the TSB (instrument panel sometimes won't come on or something like that), and had the software updated under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solved!
first time poster here...I saw this thread back when I was installing CC on my 2012 Focus and I had the same problem, the cruise control was in MPH and no setting/resetting would change it.... and after much tinkering I'm happy to report I think solved it.
Changing item 45 in Focccus "Instrument cluster calibration" to Europe will change the cruise control speed to display in Kph. Using "England" will show MPH. I'm not sure about other regions but presumably it follows suit (US=Mph etc.)...changing the setting didn't seem to affect anything else (eg speedo accuracy), I checked reported speed against GPS and is still accurate.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2015 Ford Focus and updated the BCM and Cluster and everything is working since I had other issues but when I hit Cruise it's still in km/h. I'm trying to get this to mph ,I'm using IDS(Cardaq)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a '14 and mine does the same thing every time I play with something in FoCCCus, as it causes the cluster to lose communications.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts