Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the cruise control on my '01 SES sedan decided to stop working.

I press the buttons like normal, and the light in my dashboard that indicates cruise control is on lights up. However, my car just slowly glides to a stop when after that.

Anyone have any advice besides taking it to a mechanic? I don't have the cash to waste on getting a non-essential thing like this repaired, but its something nice to have working if I (or one of my more mechanically inclined friends) can do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
OK, I'll start with the dumb stuff... there's two cables to the throttle body, one for the accelerator and one for the cruise control. Obviously the first is working, but check the second. I'mm pretty sure that's not your problem, ut it's and easy check.
Hmm, I know the cruise control is also wired into the switches on the clutch and brake pedals so that it disengages when either one is hit. If one of those switches is stuck "on" then you should get that dash light but no cruise. I'm betting/hoping it's one of the switches.
Last. it could be the cruise control actuator. Can't tell you a dang thing about that [:)]
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts