Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well long story short... when i ordered my 2012 focus, the dealer didnt mention that they didnt come standard like the ones i test drove and when i got it, it didnt have it. so basically im wondering if cruise control can still be installed on my car. i have the 5spd se version if that makes a difference. thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
yes it can. also if it was on paper work saying you should have it. then they have to at no cost. or you can return the car. I had same problem with my 05. but you must take action before you have the car past the 30 days of purchase or pick up

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im long past the 30 days. and im just now getting tired of having to hold the accel. when on the interstate. can i still pay the $400 for the pkg and have a local ford dealer install it for me?

·
Registered
418 Posts
well long story short... when i ordered my 2012 focus, the dealer didnt mention that they didnt come standard like the ones i test drove and when i got it, it didnt have it. so basically im wondering if cruise control can still be installed on my car. i have the 5spd se version if that makes a difference. thanks
It seems like your salesman did not give you a brochure, or maybe you did not read it.
[nono]
Just Joking,
Better be back at the Shop as soon as you can to sort things out.
Good luck, Cruise Control is a must.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
It is annoying that the cruise control is in a 'stupid' package.
I wish Ford would sort out the stuff and fix the nonsense about how they package options. As is now, it is like some crazy monkey (or committee of monkeys [8] ) was given the job to pick what is together.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is annoying that the cruise control is in a 'stupid' package.
I wish Ford would sort out the stuff and fix the nonsense about how they package options. As is now, it is like some crazy monkey (or committee of monkeys [8] ) was given the job to pick what is together.
So, it's not just me? [shameful] Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, for the good 'ol days; when you could pick and choose ala carte off the options menu, and get pretty much the exact combination you wanted. Just aughtta be that way.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So, it's not just me? [shameful] Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, for the good 'ol days; when you could pick and choose ala carte off the options menu, and get pretty much the exact combination you wanted. Just aughtta be that way.
Heck, I was jazzed that I got to actually order my Focus with the menu of what I could order (300A, 17" polished wheels) and get the invoice and know when it was built online. Try that with a Japanese model -- can't be had for any price. But I agree the old a la carte system would be awesome.

·
Registered
778 Posts
well that is what they told me to do. pay the 315.oo to get it put on. then i went over my paper work to show them i should of had it. then they did not want to pay for a rental while the car was in the shop for 2 days getting it installed. but my luck soon turned. my luck turned out bad then. they put me off till they had a opening. it was 43 days after purchase. so when i went in to get it put on. they handed me a bill for the rental & for the cruise at 360.oo. i told them not to do the work. i was not to pay. well once i got to the manager. he said sorry. pass my 30 days. i was P'd. never went back & never got my cruise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts