Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined today and yes I tried to read all the other posts on cruise control installation. I would like to say that I have a very special focus. It's a 2000 Sony Limited Edition w/o cruise control. After reading the other posts, looking under the hood and at the brake pedal, is it possible that my car was pre-wired for cruise control? If so and i already have the steering wheel, cruise bottons, and the actuator, would there be anything else that I need to get? For the photo the actuator plug under the fuse box has 8 wires coming out of it and in the blurry brake pedal pic the far right is green/yellow. Am i good to go?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
im sure all the wiring is there for ya. this makes it cheaper on Ford when they have the harnesses made.

if you have all the hardware, im sure your set to go.

[welcome] to FF.com!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I added cruise control to my 2001 it had all the wiring already in the interior but not under the hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Thanks for the reply, i'll try to install it once I get the steering wheel and the new lower shroud and radio control. from reading the other posts I might as well do it all at once. I'll try to post some pics later on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prewired Cruise

I started looking for the factory kit for a 2003 SPI about 3 years ago and finally found a good deal for a new, unopended kit. All was going well with the install until I discovered that the wiring harness for the brake switch (an extra plug was already dangling there with colors that matched the instructions) and steering buttons was already present on the car. It didn't have any of the other parts or wiring (buttons, servo, servo harness, and I don't know about wiring to the PCM). Any idea where I might find where to connect the Servo harness (I am left with two 3 pin connectors and nowhere I can find to connect them if I don't use the under-dash harness that came with the kit. I tried wiring it in per the instructions and going around the preinstalled wiring but no go.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Pm left for macdaddy685

I had a 2004 Focus and there is a lot of stuff that needs to be added. Originally kits were available but my understanding is there are 'no longer available' 2000 to 2004 were generally the same with minor subtle differences. 2005 and after the cruise control is greatly different with [I think]adding the servo and maybe cable but there were no kits available, but it still should be doable . The one hitch is the ECU has to be reprogrammed to turn the cruise control function on, try to find a Ford technician that is knowledgeable
Best bet is to find a 'junker' with the same precise year that has cruise and take the parts off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts