Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood (and just my hood) has crow's feet all over it. This sucks, as there is no way that the hood should be doing this after only three years, but i'm guessing getting Ford to fix it is going to be impossible on a car that has 91k miles on it.

Now i'm setting my sights on repairing or replacing my hood.

The body shop quoted me $175.00 to repaint. Will this permenantly fix my problem?

I'm thinking i'm either going to get a nice vented CF hood, or buy a mustang or roush scoop and cut a hole in the existing hood.

As long as i'm paying to get the sucker repainted, might as well chop it up!

Any advice on how to go about venting the hood? Placement of the vent? What about water in the engine? What kind of concerns should I have here?

If I do vent this myself, should I maybe put another small vent in next to the airbox? I have an SVT airbox and scoop. I'm thinking I could do something with the little piece that comes out the side of the box, maybe chop the top off of it and mate it up to a small vent in the hood.

Advice?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
is the crows feet just in the clear coat or is it into the base? if it's just clear coat, wet sand it out.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks deep. I suppose I could try to wetsand, but honestly it looks like it's all the way through the clear, and it's all over the hood.

That and since I have a ton of rock chips all over the hood, might as well spring to get a new, or get it redone.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The vent will give you no issues with rain as motorcycles engines are in the rain all the time. Price some hoods while you are at it, Check out VIS and Cervinis, they both fit well.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
can you take some pictures? it may be able to be saved, including the stone chips. they can be blended in without having to reshoot the entire vehicle. get me some pictures, and i can probably help you out

i'm willing to bet the hood is able to be restored.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do.

It would be preferable if I could restore it and do the work myself. Maybe when I have a day off I could spend it in the garage working on the hood.

I'll take pics of the hood for you.

I'll drop in a mustang hood scoop and a possibly a vent over the airbox too. Why not? It'll be that much less material to wetsand ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts