Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Milling your head and getting your head ground are two different things. Milling is taking your head and having it.... i quess you could say shortened to boost up compression. Getting your head ground is to have proper clearence for cams. I have a ford racing head milled 0.40 thousands of a inch to boost compression. I was surprised to hear that Ray at Mcnews had to grind the head in different places to allow the cam lobes to have the right clearence when there turning even tho my cams are Ford Racing stage 2's that are fairly mild cams. I say send your head out and have it professionally done because theres no room for error uno. But i would definatly get better springs and retainers for sure. Being that you have a stock head id think that it would not have the right clearence but a rule of thumb is that not every single casting on parts is the exact same as the next one, But this is just my opinion.

i hope this helps.

Brandon.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I agree Knuckles...

can his signature get any longer? [hah]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Holy crap dude, shrink your sig please! [rolleyes] [hihi]

·
Registered
541 Posts
At first i thought yall were talking about my sig. then i looked up and was like CRAP i forgot to read like 2 paragraphs............but yea im not triing to poke fun at yer sig. but dam shes got alot of spaces.
[thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts