Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting a set of these. What mods am i gonna have to do to get installed??
I have cam gears aswell.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in Zetec performance chat?

i drive a 2004 zx5 2.0 dohc zetec. Just looking for a cam i can toss in not have to grind shit away.

Any suggestions. Driveability is not an issue for me.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
youd be suprised how many people DONT know the engine they have
Cajun Boy876 said:
Ok, I was about to order a SC from powerworks for my Zetec engine. But there is one problem. I don thave the Zetec engine! I checked under the hood and I have to 2.3 L Pzev engine. Does anybody know of any websites that have upgrades for this engine? Any help would be appreciated.
no, go with comp II...crower II, cat II, and even frII have the chance of having grindage needed...and the crower and cat require retrainers..from what i heard, comp II's are completely drop in

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i can probly just drop in the comp IIs and not have to change springs or anything???

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
yep [thumb]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just make sure you clearance them properly. No cams are just drop-in and run. You'll also want to get a dyno tune to dial them in.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ yea, i meant he can just put them in, tuning is another thing..of course they will have to be tuned..ray has said before that no cam is a true 'drop in', im just relaying what ive heard from the comp website, im sure you can email them and get the same response concerning their stage I or II

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i've always heard that FR stage 2's are drop in as well, but some people say they aren't.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ i have seen too many cases to believe they are drop in...mine definitly werent, the people who installed them thought they were and when they tried to crank the car it wouldnt..tappets/buckets are needed with any II but comp

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
actually, you have to check them with ALL cams because if you're out of spec you're not going to get the performance that the cam offers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts