Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the crower II NA cams and I am boosting, hopefully this weekend w/ my JRSC and BBK. anyways, I am wondering, since I still want the high lift, if I regrind them through crower (same lift, less duration), will I have to remeasure all the clearances? I would think not, but can someone clear this up for me? I am hoping it will just be a pull the cams, put them back in job, no more work than that!

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
You[chair] make me sick [vommit][xx(] lol sorry just jealous[paranoid] [cheers] [drinking] I dont't see why you would need too. Though maybe you should see how it is without the regrind? Call crower and see what they say? You can always redyno tune your cam gears if you have adjusable cam gears with the stock profile of the stg2's and dial in less overlap. I would still check the clearances though just to be safe. It would suck to put it all back to together just start it up and hear a horrible valve tick going on huh?[thumb] [headbang]

p.s. the hate is out of love cause your where I want to be at power wise [thumb]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, lots of love into my fofo, thats for sure!! anyways, My thoughts are that w/ the cams @ TDC and fine clearance, that if I remove Cam material, then I should have greater clearance. I think that this is more of a common sense question, but am hoping the experts will chime in!! (I have very little common sense!! lol)

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Makes sense to me ethier way you are going check the clearance again right.....? Also just see how it is without being reground and when are you going have pics of that bad boy up here so we can see the FI goodies?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have pics up when I get my camera fixed!!! I'll also try dialing out overlap as i had originally planned. I may not redo the cams until I store the car for winter!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I also had it ported out alot too!!! I plan on running 12 PSI or so w/ my OD crank pulley and WMI kit. and of course, it will be tuned by TOM!!! (when I get everything in of course. I am hoping for around 210 whp. I don't know if I will make it but I am optimistic!! w/ my upgrades, I think it is possible!!

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
It could be possible or close. You will definitly be at the max of what that thing can put out. HAHA if you did'nt have any mods you be where your at now with just the JRSC lol but yeah with your mods you should be close

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pending the dyno, I may run a 40 shot of n2o too, I heard the cool tempsof the nitrous will help w/ heatsoak and I would max out the internals of the zetec as well!! we shall see!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts