Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a set of crower stage II cams off of ebay and i was wondering if any one could tell me how to tell if they are actually the stage II cams with out having to take my valve cover off.

does anyone have a set that they havent installed yet that they could measure around one of the lobs for me, and if any one knows any other way please let me know. im ready to instal them but i dont want to get my motor opened up and then find out ive been jipped

here is a pic if any one can tell buy that.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Uh, did you just get them or have they been installed? If they haven't been installed then ya don't need to take the valve cover off....

If they aren't installed then post a part number that's on the cams. I'll tell ya which ones they are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Go to Cowers site and they shouldh ave the measurments there for you to compair.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
needs a p/n first... sometimes they're a pita to find because of grime

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a few different numbers on the cams and there is a number on the box but the box doesnt mean any thing.
the intake cam
#on box 2290301 or 2290307 i cant tell
#on cam L9138, YSAA, it also has some numbers on raised circles down the cam- 2 7 J 9, on the other side it has a Ford emblem and a 1

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
what's the number on the exhaust cam say?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I can't get Cat's site to work to verify, but other sites are showing the same info.

You should call Ray @ McNews to verify - 717-432-9503. If they are too aggressive for your JRSC, let me know. I have some FR2's I'll trade ya :)

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the number on the end of the exhaust cam box says the same # (which I'm pretty sure is a 1)but on the cam it self one of the numbers are different where the YSAA is it says C2B. but also the numbers that you looked up were off the box is there any way i can be sure that the cams themselves are the same as the box says?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I believe those are just casting numbers, but I could be wrong.

Give them a call in the morning sometime and ask for him. McNews did LOTS of work with the Cat cams so I'd trust them in being able to find out exactly which one it is.

Btw, if you can post pics of all the numbers (including box), I might be able to look around a bit more.... but not until tomorrow.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im calling mcnews today to see what they say, and if they turn out to be to aggressive for my sc then i would deffinatly be interested in a trade it would save me alot of trouble with selling them and having to buy different ones.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Let us know either way about the cams.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im trying to find out myself who done the diablo program for the sc because i want to make sure it is right too.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Either way you'll need to get it dyno tuned. You should come to the dyno day at Tom's next weekend ;)

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got a micrometer and messured the lift and it matches the lift of the stock cam, the sob sold me his stock cams.
thanks for the help though and the chart you sent me helped me find that out, this guy is getting a very a bad review on ebay.
if you know anyone who is going back to stock let me know i now have a completely usless second set of stock cams

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
tls_bmx said:
i got a micrometer and messured the lift and it matches the lift of the stock cam, the sob sold me his stock cams.
thanks for the help though and the chart you sent me helped me find that out, this guy is getting a very a bad review on ebay.
if you know anyone who is going back to stock let me know i now have a completely usless second set of stock cams
Wow, now that's taking matters in your own hands. I'd definitely file a report with ebay also. It's just a wee bit fraudulent if they're the stock cams.

Post a link to the transaction. I want to check this out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts