Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your opinion, and about how long does it usually take for them to process an order and ship? I ordered mine last Thursday and still no email from them

·
Registered
357 Posts
TBH ive had great luck with massive.. Lately though ive been using auto anything they maybe alittle slow but have bar none customer communication..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Order was received and processed Thursday, shipped Friday. Tracking was emailed to the address you provided.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 11-August-2011

Shipment Detail

US

Number of Packages: 1
UPS Service: GROUND
Weight: 11.0 LBS

Tracking Number: 1Z9197070301194341
Reference Number 1: S222738
Reference Number 2: P0811-0401P

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So I see these cams will work in our 08-11 cars ??? or do we need to mod the cam sensor for it to work

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Def would not work unless you've swapped over your cam position sense wheel from your existing camshafts.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^^Hey Karl, can you do that? I heard that the sensor wheel has a differnt inner diameter and won't fit the older cams.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how can i do that?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know if anyone has put cams i there 08 above? if so i would like to know what to do, dont want to screw my car up

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I don't think anyone has. Crower cams did a custom grind on a stock set I have. I never installed them because I went FI.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any idea on the cam sensor?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The cam sensor itself is in the same spot. It's the sensor ring on the cams that is different. The older cam sensor ring has one tooth. The 08+ has 5 (or something like that). That's why Karl said you need to swap them. But I remember someone trying that and the inner diameter of the new ring is larger that the older style. I'll look for the thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks alot, when i get time ill post tomorow

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you k dog, andwith whats going on in the posts what do you think about it

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I need a stock 08+ intake cam to do some testing/work on.

I made a few calls to my local Focus dismantler and no luck so far.

Help me out peeps!!! :D

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hey Karl, here's some pics on my cams. They have a custom grind from Crower. However, these are stock 08+ cams I bought from the dealer and sent to Crower. I think the only difference is the cam sensor wheel.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for the input and pics!!!

I would def still need to have some in my paws to get dimensions.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I would be willing to ship them to you if you would like. I know there are a lot of guys out there who want to swap cams on their 08+ and can't find a definitive answer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Am I shit out of luck, or is there something I might be able to do?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. I'm sure Karl will be on here this week. I still am willing to ship these out to him to look for any differences.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts