Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with component speakers, where do you mount the crossovers? Is there room for them to be mounted on the outside in between the inner door pannel and the door cover? Or do most of you guys mount them in the actual door. My only problem with the second option is having problems getting to them, becaue all of the holes in my doors will be sealed tight. Whats a good mounting tool, velcro?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
if they are amped, then put them in the back

you can put them in the door on top of the foam block, but you won't have access as you mentioned

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
by the way, don't worry about running wires through the dampening material...
your doors won't be sealed tight.......... hmm, something about the big slot with glass at the top [;)]

the dampening material cuts down on resonance, and somewhat helps with midbass response; but it's not sealed. It's still considered IB (infinite baffle).

·
Registered
393 Posts
In my wagon I had the crossovers mounted in the bottom corners of the dash. But my speakers where mounted in the Kicks.

Tim

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you want the crossovers to be close to the speakers at all or does it not matter?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
distance doesn't matter as long as it's within the original path
ie: between HU and speakers, or between amp and speakers

the more speaker wire you have, the more resistance........... not that you'll really notice [;)]

so yeah, put them wherever is convenient

·
Registered
94 Posts
^^^and if your creative you can come up with a cool layout of amps, crossovers, and distribution blocks in the trunk. but, function first!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts