Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought my Ford Focus SE a couple months ago, and it had 46,000 KM on it, and I was driving it this weekend, and it suddenly developed a weird creaking noise when i make low speed right hand turns. Its only when i turn right not left, and only at low speeds. I have no idea what this could be.

Does anyone know? And if you do is there an easy fix? I bought this car because it was cheap, and i had heard good things about the Focus.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
784 Posts
Most likely it's a bushing that's creaking. I have a similar problem on my '02 ZX3. When you step out of the car you get a creaking sound from the rear driverside wheel. I haven't tried yet but you can probably get in there with some grease and quiet 'em up.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You should be able to just reach around the tire and get to the bushing. Maybe some white lithium grease or something similar would work. Just spray liberally around the bushing and that should help. The rubber just gets dry and when it rubs on the metal, you get a creak. I would think a little grease in there should do the trick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its my front wheels that are creaking when i turn, not my rear wheels, will that make a difference? could it still be the bushing?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sure why not? The bushings although different sizes can still creak if they are dry or old. Slap some grease on those bad boys and you should be good to go. You might want to check to see if they are indeed worn out. Perhaps they need to be replaced. Do you have any sort of clunking sounds or vibrations from the front. If not then they're probably ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, theres no noises. It has some vibrations when i ease of the gas from highspeeds, but i think that just normal, from the road and stuff. Or could that mean they need to be replaced?
The vibrations are really just when i'm at 130km/hr and i ease of the gas until its at about 120km/hr, after that its fine. No vibrations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts