plastidip madness spreads!

How do you like it? The hood looks good

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plastidip madness spreads!

How do you like it? The hood looks good
I like it but I peeled it off cause it wasnt straight. I'm going to atempt them roof soon

·
Registered
764 Posts
i was wondering how it would be on the hood, im seriously considering this now. how many cans did you go through? also did it all come off at once when u pealed it off

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
What is plastidip?
It's a rubber paint in a rattle can that sprays on and sticks like a vinyl wrap. It's like painting something matte black but since it's rubber you can peel it right off without damaging the paint.

You can find it at Lowes for sure also online, it's great, it's cheap, and it can be removed with relative ease.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was wondering how it would be on the hood, im seriously considering this now. how many cans did you go through? also did it all come off at once when u pealed it off

I used 2 cans to do my wheels of my SS and the hood with 3 coats, it peeled off in 1 sheets very easy to do. Make sure your lines are straight mine werent so I peeled it off.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Do you have close up pics of the wheels on the ss??

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get some, im out of town as soon as i get back i will post them

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
How does plastidip hol dup in winter conditions?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I heard of having to use pre primer stuff, I thought you could just spray it on :\

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I heard of having to use pre primer stuff, I thought you could just spray it on :\
So far I have only heard you could just spray it on. But they might be using primer as precaution. I am going to pick up a can next week and just simply spray it on and see how it holds up.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You do not primer it. just spray a heavy coat on and let it dry, but if you get a run in the paint you will have to peel it all off and spray again so make sure you spay evenly

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
You do not primer it. just spray a heavy coat on and let it dry, but if you get a run in the paint you will have to peel it all off and spray again so make sure you spay evenly
Ok cool! Thanks for letting me know. I will probably pick up 2 cans then. I was messing with the idea of spraying the front of the rims black, and then the rest of the rims red.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts