Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 ses 5speed with 71k miles on it. but when im at highway speeds. the focus vibrates from front to back. it feels like it starts in the front, but its not a constant vibration is on off on off. like when you going 70 miles an hour in 5 gear its like rrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr. every vibe is jus like the one before it. not any harder or longer exactly the same every time. i have kno idea what this is but it happens at about 70 and doesn't matter if your in 5 gear or neutral, giving gas or jus coasting.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Last time I had a vibration at highway speeds I needed new tires. My tires were warped. Might want to check that also.

·
Registered
687 Posts
wheels need balancing, you can actually outspin the balancing, so it will stop vibrating when you go faster.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
dont want to sound like a cliche' but it sounds like you need new tires or a balance.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was my back tires. they were ate up in the inner side of the tread. i bought new tires today and it fixed it. no more vibration

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
lol did you get the alignment also? if the inside edge of the tire was worn that badly you are going to need an alignment otherwise your just going to wear the new tires out the same way. and they wear out alot faster also. another little known fact is that if you switch from one type of wheel and tire to another you need to get an alignment. say you go from the factory 15x6.5 wheel and tire to a set of 18x7.5 wheels and tires. generally the outside edge of the tire will wear out quite fast unless you get it aligned for the new wheels. i cant say if this applies to every vehicle but ive owned 5 different vehicles each one ive put rims on after i wore out the factory tires that came on it and each time ive had to get an alignment for that reason. so save your tires and save a little money in the long run and get it done if you havent already

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya i bought all 4 tires and got a 4 wheel alingment. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
haha rumble strip maybe?!?!?!

Just kidding...def. sounds like a balancing problem or a tire problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts