Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it feasible to yank out the zetec n drop in a mazdaspeed turbo engine from a crash protege/protege 5? If u can get an engine, wire loom n brain for a good price, is it worth it? would the mtx75 tranny work being that ford owns mazda n i know they do share some parts
THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not worth it. You could turbo you stock motor for less then the cost of the motor from the speed and end up with more power....

Ive worked on the stock speed motors, ther nothing great until you build then properly for boost.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wowsers and here I was thinking I was talking crazy talk, I wanna turn my Focus into 4WD.......lol. But yeah you may have topped it. Way to think outside the box......lol.

·
Registered
384 Posts
There is thinking outside the box....then there is just plain crazy talk.

AWD focus does exist in a stock fourm........that is not easy but is possible.....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sweet does anyone know HOW...... or at least HOW MUCH????

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea id love to AWD my focus, that would come after i turbo it too. but those are both dreams to me right now, the turbo is a little more realistic than the AWD but i like to dream big.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey don't we all like to dream big...... haha install a turbo kit and supercharger.... with bride seats and a roll cage....lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would love to find an AWD kit for my focus. I know someone made one outta a ford escape transmission and such and had it on a car at SEMA if I remember right... But thats the only one I have heard of in the USA... Where would I find one? Or is there a write up on whats needed and how to make your own? Any info would rock !

·
Registered
170 Posts
You want crazy?I have a 2000 Explorer 5.0 4wd that rolled.Body bad..frame and mechanicals good.Pull bad body off,put on Focus bod.Instant 5.0,AWD with 3.73 gears and lsd.All Genuine FoMoCo.Interesting...I just got to find a Foci with a bad engine/good bod to buy cheap...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts