Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 ford focus. I am think about doing a motor swap of a different sort. I have acess to a 2000 someting cobra 4.6 motr and the trans. Will it fit in my focus? I also have a 8.8 rear end. The plan is to convert it to rear will drive. what yall think?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I say go for it and make sure you know what you're getting into before you start. I saw a thread about a guy that had it done at a professional shop and it took a long time. A whole lot of work involved. Cheaper to go turbo.

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
it will fit, with heavy modication of course, but if your going for the "cool" factor, this is it

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You def. won't run into too many other ones, If you want to build a cool hotrod, its a neat way to go.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Iam doing this myself, with a 99' cobra, and 2 97' explorers, and an 80's 4x4 bronco.
also iam trying for a full indi susp 4wd with a center dif lock.

if i were you, i would do this, do it now, and dont skimp on parts$ and good luck to ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, if you want a few trick, i dont remember the name ,but if you go on you tube you will found a project... you have just to send a message... GOOD LUCK sorry for my english

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
good luck

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I wonder how many V8 foci are out there?

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
I considered a zx3 to do this, but your talking about alot of work. It will be the fab that takes the longest. But, it would be sweet

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
welcome home lmao

hit me or 1turbofocus up for ?'s There are a few others, Tom I think might be selling his car still if he hasn't already, zx406

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
oh yeah, I'm doing the 4.9 stroker with Kenne Bell S/C combo looking towards 600+ RWHP cause you cant spell "FUN" without saying F U to a few people along the way!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts