Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to merge off the interstate looking at the asshat on my right when to car in front decided to come to complete stop.I didn't even hit the brakes. I hit him at about 10mph. The wonderful part is he had a spare tire in the back. The first thing to hit was the hood, followed by the radiator and upper and lower support braket, left headlight assembly is toast. The guy didn't have even the slightest bit of damage and I looking at around $2,000. This is on my dime and any suggestions as to where to get parts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
782 Posts
try looking on here for some parts... i know parts come and go but could wait for a good deal... i might be listing a set of headlights soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have full coverage insurance don't you? If so have your insurance estimator look at it, then write you a check to get it fixed. The check will be written less your detuctable, but you should be able to find all the parts you need for that amount.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
you could always check your local pick-a-part yard or even eBay.

Sorry to here about your car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started the tear down last night. Here is a parts list so far. I'm in no hurry to complete the repairs. What I'm asking is since I will be hitting 10+ u pull it places in the Atlanta region is that if you guys need an parts feel free to list them. If you guys have any 2008-10 focus in pull a parts near you, please return the favor. We should be able to use this on line community to help each other out. If nothing else I will list the location and a breif description of all 2008-10 focus in Atlanta pull a part yards.

Pull a part list

1) Entire hood and mounting assembly ($300 on Ebay)
2) Radiator mounting assembly ($200 on Ebay)
3) drivers side headlight assembly ($150 on Ebay)
4) Radiator ($100 on Ebay)

possible upgrade list

I have a question. My exhaust manifold is plastic. It is cracked so I will need another one. Is it possible to go to stainless or metal manifold? Plastic is too cheesy for me. The Mass air flow looks to be destroyed along with all the plastic air inlet pieces. The metal section of MAF housing is OK but all the plastic sensors are smashed. I will want to upgrade all I can on the intake and exhaust side so any suggestions will be helpful.

I'm not above using pull a part stuff for the exhaust and intake, but just feel better about upgrading this stuff while I have the car apart. If the upgrades run more than $800 I will probably use the junk yard stuff.

Like to keep the total repairs/upgrade under my $1,500 deductable

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I have a question. My exhaust manifold is plastic. It is cracked so I will need another one. Is it possible to go to stainless or metal manifold? Plastic is too cheesy for me.
That is your intake manifold. Your exhaust manifold is definitely metal. Plastic intake manifolds work just fine for standard engines. But if the idea of a plastic intake manifold really disgusts you, your options are a Cosworth or what Top Speed Performance has been working on. But those will require ECU tuning, and other engine parts to fully utilize them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
2nd Gens are still fairly new for 'U Pull' yards, where older cars get beat to crap. Try Late Model Salvage places, where they get part for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts