Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had a straight pipe system with only a magnaflow muffler being attached. Bought this setup from trubendz. Upon installation, there was buzzing when you went hard on the throttle. Typically a ricer exhaust sound.

The advice from many was put a resonator on and that it was the catalytic converter making all the noise. Well i went the other route, i bolted on a random tech hi flow cat.

Well the buzzing is now just more obnoxious and i am having problems identifying the source. Is it inside the magnaflow muffler. Was I sent a bum muffler to begin with? I will try and post some clips but I would be very much interested in everyone's thoughts.

FYI, i live in south jersey if you would like a first hand experience at my RICER NIGHTMARE!

·
Registered
46 Posts
just curious why did you replace the stock SVT exhaust? the stock exhaust flows pretty good since its all a straight-through design.

now back to your problem. i have the stock SVT exhaust with an ORP. mine buzzes like crazy, especially when the enigne is cold and when the RPMs are low. i think that since we have a 4 cyl, thats how the exhaust is going to sound. i can't imagine you got a bad muffler. its just a bunch of packing in it. you may have to go with a resonator to quiet it down some. i'm curious to hear what you end up doing.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother and father bestowed me with the love of modding...and i know our svt exhaust is perfect...but i do like to be loud when pulling away from a redlight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts