Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive got an issue with my 2.3L duratec... It shakes really bad at idle, the only thing that i could see that it could possibly be is the crank pulley, it was shimmying pretty bad like it was out of balance and the rubber portion of it looks pretty torn up. Could a bad crank pulley cause it to shake the whole car at idle? and make a strange scraping sound that follows the revs on acceleration? And if it is the crank pulley, where the hell can i get one for the duratec? everyone that used to make them has either gone out of business or has discontinued them... ANY INFO??? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
it is a verry hard part to replace do to the fact that the crank is not keyed and that pully is press fit almost so it is really hard to keep the timing right when u take that off. i would take it to a dealer and take the hit to get it fixed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am a mechanic and tuner by profession and have many connections and friends in the business so no dealer for me, but where can i get the part??

·
Registered
100 Posts
cfm has underdrive pullies for the duratec. or go to the dealership and buy a replacement pulley

·
Registered
328 Posts
i am a mechanic and tuner by profession and have many connections and friends in the business so no dealer for me, but where can i get the part??
Wow a Mechanic and Tuner I say BS Because You have an Ugly and Slow Car

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
^^^Helpful and nice... thanks for representing [smackbum]

crank pulley might be at McNews.... or try Tom at Focus-Power

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i would almost say go w/ stock or OD crank pulley unless its for a serious performance car. ur AC/PS/ALT, etc will not run as well. if you get an OD pulley, they can run stronger. UDP is not always the way to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you know a good mechanic? I'm just asking because HE could order and instal the parts for you. But I guess you can tune them after.[target]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow a Mechanic and Tuner I say BS Because You have an Ugly and Slow Car
what did this post do other than up your post count?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
lol, but its never good to be a post whore at the expense of ur reputation.

·
Registered
328 Posts
LMAO Yes you caught me Malim he is the rally man Or Canyon Racer as he put it He deleted his picture and comments from the gallery so I wanted to see if hes still around.

·
Registered
672 Posts
might be a good idea to determine if it is the pulley....My thought is that is not your problem..the balance shafts smoothe out vibration....look elsewhere

·
Registered
672 Posts
might be a good idea to determine if it is the pulley....My thought is that is not your problem..the balance shafts smoothe out vibration....look elsewhere

Have you touched the pulley index, or anything else?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts